Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

3D Mugs

I've been going through as many tutorials as possible in Rhino 3D. Sometimes the results make me giddy, as is the case here.

The tutorial I was working emphasized color, ambient light and reflectivity. Basically, it involved changing the surface values and transparencies so that you see the difference between, say, a milky, ceramic mug and one made of glass.



Here is the result of changing a couple of values. I had no idea my software was this cool. (Click for a closer view!)


And here's what happens when we lower the lights and change the light emission values on the mugs. Coffee, anyone?


Yeah, I know. It's just a bunch of mugs. But it's a bunch of mugs that I made in my computer! Trust me. This is all leading up to awesome stuff. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment