Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bullitt - Complete Score



How did I go so many years without seeing this movie?  And hearing this awesome score?

I love it when I find a little nugget of treasure like this.  It has existed my entire life and I never once knew about it.  Now I can't get it out of my head.

Lalo Schifrin underscores this film with a nice mix of orchestral jazz and lounge music.  This isn't any of that retro-fusion nonsense.  This is the real thing!  It's all very low-key and sets a nice mood for web surfing or...other pursuits.

The first two tracks are the most memorable in the film.  Track 1 accompanies the bizarre opening titles and track 2 leads into the big car chase.  There is no music for the chase istelf.  Only squealing tires and revving engines.

Lalo Schifrin at his jazziest!  Highly recommended.


1 comment:

  1. I've got this in my Netflix queue. It must be good to get a recommendation from you.

    ReplyDelete